You may carry some Baggage, free of charge, subject to our conditions and limitations, which are available upon request from us via our Website or at any of our offices or from our Authorised Agents.
You will be required to pay a charge for carriage of Baggage in excess of the free Baggage allowance. These rates are available from us via our Website or at any of our offices or from our Authorised Agents.
§ 8.3 You may not include in your Baggage:
- items which do not constitute Baggage as defined in Article 1 of these Conditions of Carriage;
- items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as, but not limited to, flammable materials, radioactive or oxidising agents, fireworks or explosives, and all items specified in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations. Full details of such items can be found on our website;
- items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from or to;
- items which are reasonably considered by us to be unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, size, shape or character, or which are fragile or perishable having regard to, among other things, the type of aircraft being used. Information about unacceptable items is available on our Website or upon request from any of our offices or from our Authorised Agents;
- firearms and ammunition other than for hunting and sporting purposes are prohibited from carriage as Baggage. Firearms and ammunition for hunting and sporting purposes may be accepted as Checked Baggage with our prior agreement and subject to the specific conditions for firearms and ammunition contained on our Website or available at any of our offices;
- weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items may be accepted as Checked Baggage at our discretion, but will not be permitted in the cabin of the aircraft under any circumstances;
- human remains; or
- any other items which we may deem to be a hazard to the aircraft or its occupants or to the safety and security of the flight in general.
We assume no liability for fragile valuables or perishable artices, including cash, jewellery, precious metals, negotiable bonds or papers, deeds, securities or other valuables, business documents, passports and other identification documents or samples; wet clothing or other wet items that my coerce damage to other content in your luggage; any item of a fragile or brittle nature (e.g. glassware, optical); electrical or electronic components (e.g. computers, audio, photo equipment, personal electronic devices); food or any other perishable items; any item that has insufficient packaging (e.g. surfboard, windsurfer, skis, bicycle, baby chart, trolleys); any container and bottles containing fluids or creams; any item that is strapped to the outside of a bag and subsequently is lost or damaged; any item that is taken inside the cabin by passenger; any consequential loss arising out of a loss, mishandling or damage to the passenger's baggage. Liability for loss, delay or damaged baggage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. Excess valuation may not be declared on certain types of articles.
If, despite being prohibited, any items referred to in 8.3 and 8.4 are included in your Baggage, we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to such items and you agree to indemnify us against any claims or actions arising from carriage of prohibited articles in your Baggage.
We will refuse to carry as Baggage the items described in 8.3 and 8.4, and we may refuse further carriage of any such items upon discovery. We may also refuse to carry as Baggage any item reasonably considered by us to be unsuitable for carriage because of its size, shape, weight, content, character, or for safety, security or operational reasons, or the comfort of other passengers. Information about unacceptable items is available on our website or at any of our offices.
We may refuse to accept Baggage for carriage unless it is in our reasonable opinion properly and securely packed in suitable containers.
For reasons of safety and security we may request that you permit a search and scan of your person and a search, scan or x-ray of your Baggage. If you are not available, your Baggage may be searched in your absence for the purpose of determining whether you are in possession of or whether your Baggage contains any item described in 8.3 or 8.4 or any firearms, ammunition or weapons, which have not been presented to us in accordance with our requirements. If you are unwilling to comply with such request we may refuse to carry you and your Baggage. In the event a scan causes damage to you or an x-ray or scan causes damage to your Baggage, we shall not be liable for such damage unless due to our fault or negligence.
Checked Baggage must have your name or other personal identification affixed to it. Upon delivery to us of your Baggage that you wish to check we will take custody of, and issue a Baggage Identification Tag for, each piece of your Checked Baggage. Checked Baggage will, whenever possible, be carried on the same aircraft as you, unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your Checked Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight we will deliver it to you, unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance.
We specify maximum dimensions and weights for Baggage which you carry on to the aircraft. This information is available on our website or any of our offices. If your Baggage exceeds these limitations, or is considered unsafe for any reason, it must be carried as Checked Baggage subject to the provisions of 8.6.
Subject to 8.9, you are required to collect your Checked Baggage as soon as it is made available at your destination or Stopover. Should your Checked Baggage not be claimed within one month of the time it is made available, we may dispose of it without any liability to you.
Only the bearer of the Baggage Check and Baggage Identification Tag, is entitled to take possession of the Checked Baggage. If a person claiming Checked Baggage is unable to produce the Baggage Check and identify the Baggage by means of a Baggage Identification Tag, we will deliver the Baggage to such person only on condition that he or she establishes to our satisfaction his or her right to the Baggage.
You may not take any animals aboard the aircraft except with our prior written agreement.
§ 8.14 EU Baggage Liabilities
In the event of loss of or damage to luggage, Primera Air follows applicable national legislation, as well as Regulation (EC) 2027/97, of the European Council. Primera Air is responsible, in the event of destruction, loss, delay or damage of luggage up to the amount of 1000 Special Drawing Rights. The Passenger can contract a higher responsibility limit by making an excess value declaration, at the cost stipulated in the Annex. In terms of checked-in luggage, Primera Air will be responsible in all circumstances, while in terms of non-checked-in luggage, it will only be responsible for damage caused by its own fault. If the checked-in luggage has been damaged, delayed, lost or destroyed, the Passenger must inform Primera Air in writing as soon as possible in all circumstances, within seven (7) days in the case of damage, and twenty-one (21) in the case of loss. Such periods will be counted from the luggage availability date. If the airline operating the flight is not Primera Air, the Passenger may file the complaint or claim with either company.
§ 8.15 Excess Value Charges
Except as otherwise provided, passengers may declare a value in excess of 1.000,00 SDR in case of checked baggage, and USD 400,00 or its equivalent per passenger in the case of unchecked baggage or other property. When such declaration is made, charges for value in excess of the amounts specified above will be assessed by each carrier participating in the carriage at the rate of USD 0,15 per each 100,00 USD (15,0 %) or a fraction thereof. Exception: Such higher declared value shall not apply to money, jewelry, antiques, artifacts, manuscripts, irreplaceable books or publications, cameras or other photographic or movie equipment, and working papers, i.e., working files, studies, reference material, correspondence, theses, or other similar valuables when such valuables are included in baggage checked or otherwise delivered into the custody of the carrier.